Looking for a fun craft for St Patrick’s Day that your little ones will love to make with you? This Pot of Gold Craft is fun and easy to do! All you’ll need are some little terra cotta pots and a few more supplies and you can make a fun craft that will please any little leprechauns!
St Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Craft
This is a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day craft for preschool, kindergarten and even fun for tweens and teens! Fill your homemade pot of gold craft with candy and you now have a wonderful homemade St. Paddy’s Day gift!
Pot of Gold Craft Supplies
- Miniature terra cotta pots
- Black gloss enamels paint
- Foam paint brush
- Elmer’s glue
- Gold glitter
- Felt shamrock stickers (optional)
1. Lay an old newspaper out before you get started.
2. Paint each terra-cotta pot black inside and outside and let dry (terra cotta pots dry super quick).
3. Once your terra cotta pot is dry, use a clean paint brush to paint your glue into the rim of the pot, immediately pour glitter into the glue, and shake off any excess glitter.
4. Hot glue one of your shamrock stickers onto the front of the pots to make sure they are secure.
5. Fill each pot with gold wrapped candies like Rolo’s and chocolate coins.
This craft is a fun one for kids and adults alike, and you can modify it based on the age group that you are working with.
If you have children of all ages, you could pair older kids with the younger kids for a fun craft that they could enjoy together.
I always enjoy combining crafts like this with movies and or books that reflect the holiday and time of year, so I have includes some companion ideas below.
Making a pot of gold can be fun for all ages, and a great way to keep the kids entertained!
Now that you’ve made your St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold, make sure to head on over and check out our post about Leprechaun Trap Ideas so you can catch a Leprechaun this year!
I think that the key to all of this is making the holidays something fun that inspires kids to use their imagination, step away from the screens and truly enjoy all of the joys of being a kid – because really, that’s what makes holidays like this so much fun, am I right?
More fun St. Patrick’s Day Craft and Recipe Ideas:
- Green Food Recipe Ideas
- Free St. Patrick’s Day Printables
- Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew Recipe
- Lime Koolaid Green Drink
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.