Looking for fun FROZEN themed ideas or even just a cute winter themed idea? Check out these homemade Hot Chocolate Spoons! Super easy to make, and so much fun.
Hot Chocolate Spoons
This project is so easy, and little ones will enjoy helping you place the edible snowflakes and sprinkles into the spoons. We like to make these spoons and cover them in plastic baggies, wrap with pretty ribbon and gift them along with a cute mug and some of our homemade Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix. These might also go really cute with my Magical Party Dip which was also inspired by Disney’s FROZEN movie!
Frozen Themed Hot Chocolate Spoons
This recipe will yield one dozen hot cocoa spoons. (if you use the mini-spoons you should be able to make 24)
- 12 Plastic or Metal Spoons (I also LOVE these BPA free mini-spoons for this)
- 2 Tablespoon solid shortening
- 3/4 cup Wilton white and or blue chocolate melts
- Wilton edible snowflakes
- Wilton sprinkles
How to Make Hot Chocolate Spoons
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler, melt the shortening.
3. Add the chocolate melts and stir continuously until completely melted. Let cool for 1 minute.
4. Dip each spoon into the melted chocolate, filling it completely.
5. Lay each spoon onto the baking sheet with the handle of the spoon over the edge of the baking sheet. This will help balance the spoon so the chocolate does not spill out before it sets.
6. Sprinkle spoons with edible snowflakes, sprinkles, nonpareils, pearls, etc. You can even use sugar to add more “sparkle”.
7. Let each spoon”set” for at least 20 minutes.
Fun and super easy, and a colorful (and yummy) way to add some pretty colors to your party table! And if you are looking for a wonderful homemade cocoa recipe, check out our classic stovetop hot chocolate recipe which would pair perfectly with these yummy hot chocolate spoons! You might also consider making this fun Mug Topper Cookie recipe to serve with your hot chocolate and chocolate spoons!
Here are some more fun wintery themed products to go along with your hot chocolate spoons:
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.