I always try to get really creative for birthday parties while still keep costs in check. I love this dump truck construction party because you can us fun toy trucks as party props and they will double as gifts for the birthday boy! (or girl!) Of course, you can use construction vehicles that you already have, or purchase new ones and the kids will LOVE seeing them all set up on the table!
Truck Construction Party Chocolate Boulders
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In a saucepan, add chocolate, condensed milk, and butter. Heat and constantly stir until melted. Remove from heat and add marshmallows. Stir until completely melted and combined. Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour into prepared pan and level. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until completely firm. I left mine in the fridge overnight.
- Remove foil from fudge and return fudge to pan. Discard Foil. (I made the mistake of not taking the foil off of the pan – as shown in the photo).
5. In three separate bowls, place:
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa, mix well
6. Using a tablespoon scoop, scoop fudge out of the pan and rolled into various size balls using the palm of my hands. Fudge will stick to the palm of your hands. Place balls into three prepared dishes and roll to coat. Continue until all fudge is gone.
The beauty of this recipe is that boulders are not round or symmetrical at all. The more “odd” shaped you have them, the better.
Store them in a covered container in the refrigerator. I made the “fudge” the day before and the balls the day of the party. You can make them all the day before, just keep them in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Are you having a truck construction party soon? Would these Chocolate Boulders work as a treat for your party?
Truck Construction Party Prop Ideas
More Construction Party Favor Ideas
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.