Spring Break Bucket List: 40 Things to Do for Spring Break
In celebration of a successful spring break, I’ve included this Spring Break Bucket list, 40 things to do for Spring Break so you can make the most of the much needed break from school!
Spring break is a fun time to relax and unwind, spend time with family and friends, and enjoy the warmer weather. And as we all know, unless you plan way ahead, spring break travel can be a tricky vacation to plan. Sometimes it sneaks up on your. Travel planning at the last minute is expensive. Sometimes sports or work schedules make travel during the break impossible. Maybe it’s not in the budget this year? Regardless of your situation, there are always many ways to make the most out of this much loved and needed break from school and the week of spring break can go fast!
1. Plant an herb garden. By summer you will have fresh herbs to enjoy!
2. Head to the beach or lake. Even if the weather isn’t warm enough for swimming, you can look for beach glass and driftwood.
3. Visit a local park, State Park, or nature conservatory. Take a tour and explore.
4. Visit a paint and take shop. Paint a piece of pottery like a plate or a mug.
5. Take the kids to a local bounce house or jumping gym to blow off steam.
6. Make a list of 3 movies you want to catch up on. Watch them with family and friends.
7. Try out a new recipe you have been curious about. Let the family taste test it.
8. Make smoothies together as a family. See how creative you can get.
9. If you can’t swim outside just yet, visit a hotel pool!
10. Make some homemade gifts! Mother’s Day is right around the corner. See my favorite homemade gift ideas here, and this DIY homemade Kool-Aid lip balm is our current favorite.
11. Get out some old board games and dive in. If you don’t have any, head to the thrift store!
12. Create a reading list of 1-3 books you would like to read. Start reading!
13. Visit any local historic sites of interest. If there are any cool folklore spots, be sure to visit!
14. If you have a local zoo, pack a lunch and head over to visit!
15. See if the local symphony or any local bands will be performing anywhere. If so, take in a show.
16. Head to the local library for free readings, clubs, presentations, or just to check out books.
17. Visit the local pet refuge and play with the animals. They will love it!
18. Find coupons for a local eatery and go have a nice lunch or dinner.
19. Start making plans for your family garden. Draw a sketch of it.
20. Find a fun slime recipe and start creating. Check out our fun edible slime recipe, it never disappoints! See how many different kinds you can make.
21. Have a baking contest. Let each family member create a dish.
22. Tie-Dye your own t-shirts. Did you know that you can dye t-shirts with Kool-aid? Have a fashion show when you are done.
23. Go picking whatever fruit is in season where you live.
24. If there are any local art museums, go visit and enjoy the beautiful works.
25. If Spring Break falls during Easter, why not dye eggs or decorate an Easter basket?
26. Make something with Easter Peeps! They are so pretty and yummy and there are SO many Peeps recipes!
27. Pick some fresh flowers. If you can’t find any, plant flower seeds! You could also go thrifting for unique garden planter ideas.
28. Go on a hunt for sprouting spring bulbs.
29. Visit the local farmer’s market and take advantage of the fresh spring offerings.
30. Make some flowers out of brightly colored tissue paper.
31. Try making your own bath bombs or bath scrub.
32. Relax with a crossword or word search puzzle.
33. Make time to do a little yoga each day.
34. Buy a journal. Start documenting your spring! (this would also make a great family project!)
35. Get out the camera and go take pictures of signs of spring.
36. Make a spring banner for your mantel. Use simple colored paper or scrapbook paper and ribbon.
37. Head to the dollar store and buy supplies to make a spring wreath.
38. Get the family together to take spring family photos.
39. Download an astronomy app and look for stars in the spring sky!
40. Take the time for a fresh spring haircut or manicure! You can also use this time to donate old clothing items you no longer wear and start window shopping for new ones.
Are you ready to celebrate spring? The week of spring break gives you plenty of time to do that. Consider these 40 things to do this spring break, and see how active you can be.