Homemade Brownies with Raspberry Frosting
My family loves raspberries and we can (ok, do!) eat them like candy. It also turns out that we are also just a little bit fond of brownies (who isn’t!?)… and it just so happens that the two go perfectly together.
Don’t they look delicious?
The raspberry flavor adds just enough light, fresh flavor to the chocolate to be a perfect compliment. I made these brownies from scratch, but never fear, if you are in a rush, brownies from a box work just fine 🙂
I used a round cookie cutter but you could use any shape that you would like. Get creative! These make wonderful party treats and are an excellent dessert for summer cookouts!
- ¾ C. flour
- 2 C. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 4 tbs. butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ C. sugar
- ½ C. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 C. fresh raspberries
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3” cookie cutter (you can also use a medium size glass)
- 9×13 baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your 9×13 baking dish with foil and spray with a non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in 15-20 second increments, stirring until completely melted. Let cool 2-3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add in the melted chocolate mixture and then slowly add in the flour and cocoa mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into your 9×13 baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 25 minutes to check them. If it comes out ‘clean’ they are done.
- Let the brownies cool completely. Once they are cool, use the cookie cutter to cut them into 3” circles and set aside.
- Using a food processor or a blender puree your 1 cup of raspberries.
- Next, using a hand mixer combine the raspberry puree, powdered sugar, vanilla and butter. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting on your brownies and garnish with fresh raspberries.
*Makes approximately 12 servings. 1 brownie = 1 serving. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.
love raspberry and chocolate as a combination of tastes