Looking for a fun Valentine’s Day snack idea? Check out these fun heart shaped tortilla chips! Aren’t they darling?
Even better, they are super easy and will add such a fun touch to your love day festivities!
Obviously, you can make these in other shapes and sizes as well, but I think that these heart shaped chips are just too fun!
The food coloring is optional of course, and you can get creative and use different cookie cutter shapes as well.
Whatever the case, these fun homemade tortilla chips are a big hit with my family!
Ingredients for Making Homemade Heart Shaped Tortilla Chips
You will also need:
How to make Homemade Tortilla Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Place your corn tortillas onto your pan
4. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your heart shapes, toss the scraps away
5. Mix a drop of pink food coloring with a tablespoon of water
6. Using a piece of paper towel, dip it into your food coloring and water mix and rub it into the top of about half your hearts
7. Cook your heart chips for 6-7 minutes on each side
8. Spray with a little butter cooking spray and sprinkles a little salt on top
9. Cook for another couple minutes
10. Serve with a little salsa and enjoy!
Aren’t these heart shaped tortilla chips the cutest? I love how much fun they’ll add to your Valentine’s Day meal or event and they’d also be a romantic side dish to serve your sweetie!
Are you looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas? Here are a few of my other favorite Valentine crafts and recipes:
Print the Recipe for these Heart Tortilla Chips
- Uncooked corn tortillas (found in the dairy section)
- Heart cookie cutters
- Pink food coloring
- Butter cooking spray
- Sea salt
- You will also need:
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place your corn tortillas onto your pan.
Use a cookie cutter to cut out your heart shapes, toss the scraps away
Mix a drop of pink food coloring with a tablespoon of water.
Using a piece of paper towel, dip it into your food coloring and water mix and rub it into the top of about half your hearts.
Cook your heart chips for 6-7 minutes on each side.
Spray with a little butter cooking spray and sprinkles a little salt on top.
Cook for another couple minutes.
Serve with a little salsa and enjoy!
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.