With National Read Across America Day (Dr. Seuss Day) coming up soon, I know that many of you might be looking for fun Dr. Seuss themed ideas! I’ve shared quite a few of our favorite Dr. Seuss Treat ideas over the years, but this year I thought I’d share one of the easiest of all, just in case you are a little short on time.
In this Beginner Book edited by Dr. Seuss, young readers will laugh and giggle at the antics of Spot who wants to be in the zoo with the other animals. Written by Robert Lopshire, many associate this book with Dr. Seuss as this book is part of the Beginner Books series that encourages young readers to love books!
Vanilla cupcake mix (calls for oil, eggs and water)
2 cans yellow frosting
You will also need:
Large mixing bowl
Large star decorating tip
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
2. Prepare your cake mix by mixing together the cake mix, oil and eggs as directed on the box.
3. Scoop out the batter into your cupcake liners, filling each cup 1/2 way full.
4. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
5. Scoop the yellow frosting into a decorating bag with a star tip at the bottom.
6. Frost each cupcake from the center working your way out.
7. Top with skittles for spots.
Looking for MORE fun Dr. Seuss Day inspiration? Here are a few others that we love:
Get the how-to for these fun Cat in the Hat Cupcakes
Find out how to make these fun Put Me in the Zoo Rice Krispies Treats
And last but not least, check out these fun Cat in the Hat Treats
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.