Valentine’s Day Chocolate Heart Cutout Cookies
Looking for the perfect (and easy!) treat to make for Valentine’s Day? How about these EASY Heart Cutout Cookies?
This recipe is perfect because not only are these heart cutout cookies delicious, but they are so pretty!
Made with chocolate cake mix, the cookies themselves are so cake-like delicious and that yummy fluff of frosting in the middle takes them to the next level!
Here’s all you need to get started:
Ingredients for making Valentine’s Day Cookie Heart Cutout Cookies
1 box of chocolate cake mix, any brand
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 C. vegetable oil
Supplies for making Heart Cutout Cookies
Mini heart cookie cutter
Disposable piping bag
Small round frosting tip
Cookie Baking Directions
3 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp. milk
pink food coloring
Directions for Assembling Cutout Cookies:
Once the cookies have cooled, use the mini heart cookie cutter to cut out a cut shape. Press the cookie cutter about 1/2-3/4 of the way through the cookie. You don’t want to go all the way through the cookie.
Repeat with each cookie.
Print the Recipe for Heart Cutout Cookies
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix, any brand
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 3 C. powdered sugar
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
- Mini heart cookie cutter
- Disposable piping bag
- Small round frosting tip
- pink food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, flour and vegetable oil.
- Roll the cookie dough into 2" balls and place 2" a part on a baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Combine the powdered sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the milk as needed.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring.
- Attach the round frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with frosting.
- Once the cookies have cooled, use the mini heart cookie cutter to cut out a cut shape. Press the cookie cutter about 1/2-3/4 of the way through the cookie. You don't want to go all the way through the cookie.
- Remove the cookie cutter and fill the heart space with frosting.
- Repeat with each cookie.
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for almost 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.