Summer! It’s here, the kids are done with school and we are ready to have some serious fun. I’ve said before, one of my favorite things about summer is all of the yummy food. Have you checked out my collection of ice-pop recipes, favorite summer snacks for kids, and summer salads? YUM and more yum.
Really, though, nothing says summer like a chilled drink and a dripping, juicy watermelon. So I combined the best of both worlds and came up with this awesome Watermelon Punch! I’ll give you a couple of variations below because really you could tweak this a few different ways by changing one ingredient. Here’s what I did!
- 2 cups of seedless watermelon pieces (I used an ice cream scoop to carve out the inside of a half of one watermelon. That was 2+ cups.)
- 2 cups of lemon lime soda
- 1 can of frozen limeade (This is where you can add some variety. Try pink lemonade, white grape juice, whatever your kids like!)
- Raspberry sherbet
- Put the watermelon in a medium-size bowl and use an immersion blender to juice it until there are no chunks left. You can also do this in a food processor or blender.
- To a large pitcher add the watermelon juice, soda, and frozen limeade or whatever frozen juice you chose. Limeade is a little zippy! So if your kids like something sweeter go for pink lemonade or another juice. Stir until the frozen juice is dissolved.
- Keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. When you’re ready, add a couple of scoops of sherbet to the pitcher to dress it up. Then put a couple of ice cubes and a couple of small scoops of sherbet in each glass and pour the juice over the top.
TIP: If you want to serve this in the watermelon half like I did, just slice a small piece off the end of the watermelon so it sits flat, but you’ll probably still need a dish underneath. I’d still keep the punch in a pitcher until you’re ready to serve and then add ice cubes and sherbet to the empty watermelon half and pour the punch on top. Do this where you’re serving it so you’re not carrying half a watermelon filled with punch across your house…just in case!