We go through fruit like it’s going out of style! My kids eat it so fast, so I thought it would be fun to serve some of their favorite fruit with a delicious chocolate dip. This Easy Chocolate Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is so fast to whip up with just a few simple ingredients. And it’s a huge hit! Someone is eating it more with a spoon than with fruit, but I’ll never tell who. 😉
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened (leave it on the counter for an hour or so)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 8oz. tub of Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- Mini chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Fruit of your choice
- Put the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Use your hand mixer to fully combine.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix that in with your mixer, too.
- Add 3/4 of the tub of Cool Whip. Just use a knife to ‘cut’ it in half and then in half again so you have four relatively equal parts. Scoop out 3 of those parts and add to the cream cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
- Put your chocolate dip in a serving dish.
- Use a fork or a whisk to stir and fluff up the remaining 1/4 of the Cool Whip left in the container so it’s really smooth. Dollop on top of the chocolate dip.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Serve with your favorite fruit. Store in the refrigerator.
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.