Looking for a classroom craft for pre-k or kindergarten? This Easter Bunny Paper Plate Mask is a fun little craft perfect for the spring holiday.
Easter Bunny Paper Plate Mask Craft
Perfect for little hands (and faces) preschool kids will love making these with a little help from adults. These Easter Bunny Paper Plate masks will be perfect for when the kids decide to hop…hop…hop in celebration of Easter and spring!
Easter Bunny Paper Plate
- Paper plate
- White card stock
- Light pink felt
- Jumbo craft stick
- White pipe cleaners
- Hot glue/hot glue gun OR Elmers Glue if kids will be doing the gluing themselves.
1. Cut a paper plate in half.
2. Using a pencil draw on two half oval eyes and carefully cut out with scissors.
3. Cut out two long oval ears and a heart about 4″ wide by 3″ tall from your white card stock.
4. Glue the bottom of your heart to the bottom middle of your paper plate.
5. Cut out smaller heart from your felt and glue the bottom of the heart to the bottom of the heart.
6. Then cut out (6) 3″ pieces of pipe cleaner and glue 3 to each side of the white heart.
7. Cut out 2 long ovals from your pink felt slightly smaller than the white paper ones, glue the pink ovals onto the white ovals, and cut the bottoms flat for the ears.
8. Glue the ears to the back top of the plate.
9. Then glue a jumbo craft stick onto one side of the plate to use as a handle.
One thing that I really love about this craft is that you can easily adjust it to the age level of the children. You could have your shapes pre-cut before they begin to assemble if they are not yet to that ability OR you could use these different cutting tasks to help with scissor work and skill building.
Enjoy playing with your fun Easter Bunny Paper Plate! This craft would be a fun one to incorporate into a lesson plan or even a sing along or story time. Here are some fun book ideas that might to along well with your bunny mask story time. Happy hoppin!!
More Easter Themed Craft Ideas for Kids:
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.