Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
Perfect for fall and the upcoming holiday season, this Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe will become one of your new favorites as it’s certainly one of ours! I’ve really struggled to find a good pecan pie recipe in the past but this one is so simple and comes out beautifully. I cheat a bit by using a pastry shell but let me tell you what, I know my strengths and buying pastry shells is one of them *grin*.
I shared with you a few weeks ago my recipes for an Creamy Pumpkin Pie (also made with a pastry shell) and these two pies would be a fantastic addition to your Thanksgiving meal and would also make lovely holiday desserts to bring to gatherings.
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup light or dark corn syrup 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
Print the Recipe
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light or dark corn syrup 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, chips, butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.