Need an easy summer dessert recipe? I’ve gotcha covered. I dreamed up this Easy Brownie Ice Cream Cake recipe for the family and it was a huge hit! Everyone loved it and I loved how easy it is to make. It is sort of a cheat to make something this good that is so simple, but I feel no guilt. It’s amazing! We went with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream but you could actually pick whatever flavor you like the best. Get creative with your ice cream flavors and let me know what yummy creations that YOU make!
Easy Brownie Mint Ice Cream Cake
- Box of brownie mix, prepared in a 13″x9″ pan (oil, water, eggs, box mix)
- 1 half-gallon of your favorite ice cream (we chose Mint Chocolate Chip)
- 1 8oz tub of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 bottle of chocolate Magic Shell
- Prepare the brownies per the box directions. Make sure you get a box mix that’s meant to cook in a 13″x9″ pan. The box I grabbed said Family Size on it.
- While the brownies are cooling, take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter to soften up. You don’t want it totally melted but soft enough to spread. Mine was perfect by the time the brownies were cool.
- Spread the entire tub of ice cream over the brownies evenly. Place the pan in the freezer to firm up.
- After about 30 minutes the ice cream should be firm again. Spread the Cool Whip over the top. Put back in the fridge to firm up.
- After another 30 minutes the Cool Whip should be firm. Shake the bottle of Magic Shell really hard to make sure it’s all mixed up. Pour the entire bottle evenly over the top of your ice cream cake. Tilt the pan as needed to make it run to the edges.
- Put the ice cream cake back in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
Tip: Take the cake out of the freezer 5-10 minutes before you’re ready to serve it. You will probably need a sharp knife to cut through all the layers. A frozen brownie is tough to cut through but if you let it soften up just a bit it’s perfect!