Photo Credit: Pillsbury
I was just browsing for an Italian Christmas Cake to take to a friend’s upcoming party when came upon this recipe for Christmas Cassata! I think I am in love! I am a big fan of ricotta cheese! Yummmmmy!
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
- 1 can (16 1/2 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained and syrup reserved
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 6 tablespoons sweet Marsala wine or orange juice
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) pound cake
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup firm butter or margarine, cut into pieces
Head over to Pillsbury for the complete instructions!