Upcycled DIY Teacup Bird Feeder
If you love bird watching like we do, then you don’t want to forget to feed your feather friends. This easy to make Upcycled DIY Teacup Bird Feeder is the perfect way to do just that. Using an old tea cup and a few other common supplies, you can make your own in just minutes. The birds will love you for it!
Here is what you will need:
Teacup with handle
1 packet of non flavored gelatin
You can find teacups at most thrift stores, yard sales, and antique shops. The ones we found here were just .50 cents each. They are not only pretty, but at that price work great for this project.
1. In a mixing bowl, prepare one packet of unflavored gelatin according to directions. Most likely, you will be mixing it with hot water and then cool water to help it set.
2. Pour in two cups of birdseed. You may need to add more or less depending on the size of the gelatin packet you are using. But a standard packet will require about two cups of seed.
3. Mix the seed and gelatin well. It should be a thick mixture, much like oatmeal. If it is not, add more seed.
4. Pour the mixture into the teacups. Place the cups into the refrigerator until the gelatin is set. This should take a few hours.
5. Remove the cups and tie ribbon around the handles. Secure the ribbon into a bow. This is what you will use to hang your teacup bird feeder.
Your upcycled tea cup bird feeder is now ready to be used. Simply hang it from a shepherd’s hook or tree branch and the birdies are sure to flock. When it is empty, just repeat the process again and you are all set.
Give this easy upcycled teacup bird feeder a try and see how fun and frugal it can be to feed the birds in your yard!
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.