Today’s Sunday Share is just plain YUM. amazing.
This recipe is called Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream…and it is made with plain Greek yogurt, which in my opinion is what makes it over the top fabulous. it is super easy…here is all you need:
- 1 pound(s) frozen strawberries
- 1 cup(s) 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Strawberries, for garnish
- In food processor or blender (I used a blender) pulse 1 cup strawberries until finely chopped. Transfer chopped berries to large bowl. (the recipe called for a metal bowl, but I only used glass… and it worked just fine)
- In same food processor or blender, puree yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and remaining strawberries until smooth. Transfer to bowl with strawberries; stir until well combined.
- Cover and freeze about 1 hour, until firm but not hard.
You can also substitute Plain Yogurt for the Greek Yogurt, but it won’t be nearly as creamy so I suggest sticking with the Greek. This recipe is SO super easy, plus it just has an amazing flavor!
We are now trying it with different berries, peaches, etc…and they have all been wonderful…but I am going to have to say that the strawberry is by far the best. I also put some into our freezer molds for some yummy popsicle treats, holy cow…they are good.