Save on Universal Orlando Resort Tickets: 3rd Park FREE!
Earlier this year I told you all about the three separate theme parks of Universal Orlando Resort: attractions, ticket types and how to save on Universal Orlando Resort Tickets when planning your vacation. Now, I’m excited to tell you about a limited-time deal from Get Away Today that allows you to experience your 3rd park FREE!
Universal Orlando Resort – 3rd Park FREE
In my last post about Universal Orlando Resort, I only touched briefly on all the fun offered at Universal’s Volcano Bay. With so many attractions, I couldn’t fit it all in with the other parks! So, today I want to tell you all about Universal’s water theme park, and how you can enjoy it for free.
Universal’s Volcano Bay – Attractions
Now that you’ve got your Universal Orlando Tickets, there are 19 rides to experience at Universal’s Volcano Bay. They range from leisure pools to thrill rides and offer fun for all ages. I mentioned six before, and here they are in addition to all the others:
- Tot Tiki Reef – Splash pad for young children that offers water features and a miniature volcano.
- Puka Uli Lagoon – Leisure pool with water play for all ages.
- Waturi Beach – Shallow water perfect for swimming, splashing and lounging, located near the entrance to Volcano Bay.
- Punga Racers – Ride mats down a waterslide in a race against three other slides to the finish.
- Ohyah of Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides – Water slides that drop you four feet above the pool.
- Raki of Taniwha Tubes – Ride tubes down one of two slides that are designed to mimic the roots of puka trees.
- Kopiko Wai Winding River – Float on this lazy river with sprays of water and Stargazer’s Cave.
- ika Moana of the Honu ika Moana – Hop onto this multi-person tube ride that twists down to the pool accompanied by bubbling geysers.
- Ko’okiri Body Plunge – Since this experience offers a 70 degree drop and lots of thrills, it’s designed for older guests to Volcano Bay.
- Honu of the Honu ika Moana – Another multi-person ride, climb aboard a raft and experience the twists and turns together.
- TeAwa The Fearless River – This is a white-water river float experience during which you strap on your life jacket and body surf the waves.
- Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides – These body slides drop riders through twin doors for a race to the pool below.
- Krakatau Aqua Coaster – This water coaster wraps around and through the volcano. Hop into a four-person canoe and glide around the centerpiece of Volcano Bay.
- The Reef – Enjoy this leisure pool by the Body Plunge slides.
- Tonga of Taniwha Tubes – The tubes of this slide offers a nod to the puka trees, organically curving and twisting toward the pool.
- Puihi of Maku Puihi Round Raft Rides – Ride the lava tubes on this multi-person experience and enjoy the feel of zero-gravity drops!
- Ohno of Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides – What goes up must come down! Climb up the “cliff” to prepare for this slide, and cross the rope bridge if you dare.
- Maku of the Maku Puihi Round Raft Rides – Raft through the gorge, spin and plunge with six other riders.
- Runamukka Reef – Find shade, play structures and water experiences in this reef area of Volcano Bay.
Now that you know about the rides at Volcano Bay, I have to tell you all about the convenient virtual line system they offer. It’s so amazing because who wants to wait in line all day in the hot sun?
Universal’s Volcano Bay – TapuTapu Bands
For every ride at Volcano Bay, you enter a virtual line via your TapuTapu Bands. These bands are handed out when you enter Volcano Bay, and they are no additional cost. When you decide on a ride, simply tap your TapuTapu band against the line totem and you’ll virtually queue into the line. In the meantime, you can stay cool in the pool, grab a bite to eat or relax on a lounge chair. When it’s your turn to ride, your TapuTapu band will vibrate to let you know; then you’ll head to the ride and enjoy the fun! This is the line system for the entire theme park, and you can queue for one ride at a time. Virtual lines are the only way to experience all Volcano Bay has to offer.
But there’s more to the TapuTapu bands at Universal’s Volcano Bay. They also allow you to interact with features of the water park, snap photos in designated areas, open your locker and even charge food purchases with convenience. There are four restaurants and a number of quick-service dining options at Volcano Bay, and you can also bring in your own food. At the end of the day, you turn in your TapuTapu band and it is wiped clean of any personal information. If you happen to misplace a TapuTapu band, simply take your Volcano Bay admission ticket to a concierge hut to receive a new one. The lost TapuTapu band will be wiped clean and your info loaded onto the replacement.
Universal’s Volcano Bay – Book with Get Away Today for 3rd Park FREE
You can always save on gate prices when you book Universal Orlando Resort tickets with Get Away Today, and for a limited time you can add 3rd Park FREE savings to your vacation. Simply choose 3-Park Base Tickets or 3-Park Park to Park Tickets and you’ll have admission to Volcano Bay for FREE. I know I said it before when I broke down all the ticket types, but make sure you choose Park to Park Tickets if you would like to ride Hogwarts Express between Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. No matter which ticket type you choose, you will have an awesome time at this ultimate vacation destination in Orlando! Check out the Universal Orlando Resort packages at www.getawaytoday.com, or call 855-GET-AWAY to book.
Remember to mention that SheSaved sent you for additional savings! *if you are ordering online, always try code: SHESAVED to see if it scores you an additional $10 off. It won’t always work, but it will with some promotions and the good news is, these are the best prices available so any additional savings is gravy!
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.