Finding Dory Activity: Mess Free Finger Painting
Kids love to make messes (it’s what they do!) and moms get tired of cleaning them up BUT this activity provides a solution! This Finding Dory Activity provides mess free finger painting which means that it’s a win/win for both moms and kids!
The kids will love the squishy icky feel of the “paint” and moms will love the fact that it’s all contained right inside the ziploc, so no mess to clean up. This might even be a fun activity for Finding Dory themed parties or also for sensory play.
Large or small ziplock bag
Blue food coloring
Sharpies: black, blue, yellow, green, and red
Dory coloring book (optional)
1. Print off and cut out a small picture of dory from the computer or cut out from a coloring book if your not the best at freehand drawing.
2. Draw (or trace) Dory onto the center of your plastic bag by placing a picture of him inside the bag with a black sharpie marker.
3. Draw on a few rocks, seaweed, bubbles, or any other underwater items you can think of.
4. Fill in your drawings with your colored sharpies.
5. In a small bowl mix together a half a cup of shaving cream and a couple drops of blue food coloring.
6. Add a couple scoops of the shaving cream mixture into your bag.
7. Zip your bag shut and tape to the table with painters tape
8. Have your kids use their fingers to mash around the shaving cream to paint the background blue and change their “drawing”.
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.