These Easy Homemade Cream Cheese Danishes are so yummy and so easy! You start with refrigerated crescent rolls so there’s no flour and all of that to measure out and make a mess with. The only thing you need to make is the filling which is so simple. Oh, and a yummy glaze to go on top for an added bonus!
Just roll the dough, coil it up, and fill it. Bake and dig in. See? Totally easy and they’re a perfect weekend breakfast treat!
- 2 packages Crescent Rolls
- 1 8oz package Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3-cup confectioner sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla extract and 4 tbsp sugar. Beat until well combined.
- On a lined cookie sheet, unroll your crescent rolls into 8 rectangles, pinching the seams together.
- Spread ½ tbsp of butter and ½ tbsp of sugar over each crescent roll.
- Rolling long ways, roll the crescent rolls into ropes, and then coil each crescent roll. (Roll and coil pictures above.)
- Using a spoon or your thumb, create a pocket into the center of each crescent roll. (Coil picture above.)
- Spoon your cream cheese mixture into each pocket. (Fill picture above.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While Danishes are baking, in a small bowl, combine milk and confectioner sugar.
- Once Danishes have finished baking, drizzle the glaze over top.
Yields: 8 Cream Cheese Danishes
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.