Easy Christmas Dessert: Santa Hat Treats
How cute are these? And easy too! You can of course make this Easy Santa Hat treat recipe with the traditional Rice Krispie treat recipes or you can cheat and use the premade packages of Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Treats and have them done in a snap!
Either way, they are adorable and yummy and a quick and easy snack solution during this busy holiday season. My daughter loves to help with these kinds of recipes and I love that there is no real baking involved. You could even use this recipe for a fun classroom activity where the kids decorate their own Santa hats!
These cute treats would be a fun snack to pair with story time! How about a fun santa story:
Print the Recipe
- 8 ct package of Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 oz package of Wilton red candy melts
- 12 oz package of Wilton white candy melts
- 8 white Sixlet candies
- Red colored sugar sprinkles
- 8 popsicles
- Small paring knife
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the 8 Rice Krispie Treats and discard the wrappers.
- Use the paring knife to gently cut the sides from the Rice Krispie Treats to form a triangle shape.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the bas of each Rice Krispie Treat.
- Place the treats in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Pour the Wilton red candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Remove the Rice Krispie Treats from the fridge and dip into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to gently coat the triangle allowing the excess chocolate srip back into the bowl.
- Place on the parchment lined baking sheet and generously sprinkle with red sugar crystals.
- Repeat with all 8 Rice Krispie Treats.
- Once the chocolate sets, pour a 1/4 of the white chocolate melts into a microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
- Carefully dip the tip of the Santa hat into the white melted chocolate.
- Use a small spoon to gently make a rim of white chocolate for the hat.
- Place back on the baking sheet and place 1 white Sixlet on the tip of the hat.
- Repeat with all the Rice Krispie Treats.
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for almost 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.