Elf on the Shelf Christmas Day Countdown
Need a little fun project to get ready for Christmas? Your kids will love creating this Christmas Day Countdown with their Elf on the Shelf toy!
If you are like me, along with the excitement of the Elf comes the stress… this guy challenges me in so many ways, but I try to commit myself to finding fun and joyful ways to incorporate him into our Christmas festivities. This Elf on the Shelf Christmas Countdown is a fun one that your kids will love, and I’ll be sharing more ideas in the coming days!
Christmas Day Countdown
What You Need:
- Red and green colored paper
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
1. Measure and cut 12 red and 12 green pieces of paper 1.5″x 1/4″.
2. Place the two ends of one piece of paper together and glue.
3. Stick your next piece of paper into your loop and hot glue the ends of the second piece together, rotating colors until you’ve used all 24.
4. Place the ends onto your elf’s hands and draw a little countdown to Christmas sign for elf to hold.
A little too busy to make a teeny tiny Elf on the Shelf Christmas Day Countdown? How about assign this to the kids? Reverse it on them, and have THEM make something for the Elf? (see the mom logic there?) Either way… enjoy your Elf and the Christmas season!!