I love doing a handmade Christmas craft with my children. I also love using the crafts that we make as gifts and package toppers! In the next few days I will be sharing some of my very favorite handmade Christmas craft and homemade ornament ideas!
Do you love crafting your own Christmas tree ornaments? If so, you will want to give this easy and inexpensive pipe cleaner Christmas tree ornament a try. Using just a few pipe cleaners and some other easy to find craft supplies, you can make your own in just minutes. Here is how you can get started crafting your own!
Assorted green pipe cleaners
Ribbon for hanging
Hot glue, glue gun
We found everything you see here at our local dollar store. When looking for buttons, be sure you grab a yellow one that can be used for the top of your tree.
1. Begin by laying the cinnamon stick flat. Cut lengths of pipe cleaner (3 inch lengths work great) and set them aside.
2. Take the pipe cleaners and start wrapping them around the cinnamon stick. Space them evenly as you wrap.
3. Using your scissors, snip away the ends of the pipe cleaners so shorten them. Trim the pipe cleaners taking a little more off as you work your way up. You want the tree to be tapered like a real tree is.
4. You can now embellish the tree using craft buttons. Add dab of glue and press the buttons to the pipe cleaners. Arrange as you wish. Finish the look by adding a yellow button to the top of the tree as a star.
5. Cut a length of ribbon, fold it in half, and glue it to the back of the tree for hanging.
Your pipe cleaner Christmas tree ornament is now ready to be displayed. Use it on your own tree or give it as a gift. Either way, it is a fun, frugal, and festive craft that anyone can make and everyone can enjoy. Gather your crafting supplies and see what you can create!
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.