Easy Mini Pizza Recipe
I have to admit, every now and then I am scrambling for a quick snack for the kids, and this is Easy Mini Pizza recipe is one of their favorites. My son (9) is pretty much able to make this one himself, aside from the baking part. (These are especially easy if you have a toaster oven!) My kids love making these, and I love the help, so they come in handy when we are in a pinch and just need a “grab and go” snack when we are on the run with evening sports. They are actually pretty yummy too, so the kids get pretty excited about this one.
- 6 whole wheat English Muffins, cut in half
- 2 C. pizza sauce, any brand
- 2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice – my kids like pepperoni!
- 8 tbs. butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter each English Muffin, inside part up, and place on a large baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes – enough to crisp the muffins up so they won’t get soggy after you put the toppings on.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool a few minutes.
- Spread each muffin with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of your choice. We let the kids take turns making their own and they love it!
- Once all the pizzas are topped, bake another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool and few minutes and enjoy.
*Makes approximately 6 servings. 1 English Muffin half = 1 serving