Holly Jolly Movie Night Gift Idea
I can’t think of a better gift to give than the gift of quality family time! This fun Holly Jolly Movie Night gift idea is so fun and great to give to couples, teens, college kids and even families! And best of all, it’s so simple and great for hard to buy people or people who have everything because who wouldn’t enjoy a movie night!?
- Small plastic popcorn tubs/or other container
- Fun Sized bags of M&M’s/or other movie candy (I also like the $1 candy boxes from Walgreens
- Clear gift bag
- Loose popcorn kernels
- Popcorn themed holiday ornament (optional)
- Holiday ribbon or string
- Hole punch
- “Have a Holly Jolly Movie Night” FREE Printable gift tag:
- Fill a clear gift bag up with loose popcorn kernels. You can alternatively leave the popcorn in the original bags, but we feel it does not give as clean of a look to the finished gift. You can also, of course, use a full store bought bag of popcorn as well.
- Place the popcorn bag into the plastic popcorn tub. You can fill the bottom of the tub with tissue paper or shredded basket filler if needed.
- Arrange some fun-size M&M bags around the back of the popcorn tub so that they stick up behind the popcorn bag. Feel free to use whatever movie type candy you want…the more the merrier!
- Print and cut out the FREE “Have a Holly Jolly Movie Night” printable gift tags.
- Punch a hole in the upper corner of the gift tag.
- Thread a ribbon or string through the gift tag, and around the holiday ornament.
- Tie the gift tag and ornament around the top of the popcorn bag so that it hangs down nicely in front of the popcorn tub.
Depending on how elaborate you want your gift to be, or how much you want to spend, you could also add a movie gift card, an actual movie, etc. I love this gift idea because it’s super quick and easy and very flexible and you can customize it to fit the recipient. For example, if the person you are giving this to loves MARVEL movies, you could include a MARVEL ornament and/or MARVEL themed candy. So many different ways to make this movie gift awesome.
Most of all, gifts are about putting thought into what the recipient might love and this is one that you can really customize!
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.