Mississippi Mud Bars Recipe
These are a little bit like brownies and s’mores all mixed into one, this Mississippi Mud Bars Recipe can’t be beat if you have a sweet tooth! It’s pretty easy to whip up and while it is delicious served warm (with vanilla ice cream on top!) I also love it cold. When the marshmallows set up, it is so wonderfully chewy and delicious!
1 cup of margarine, softened
2 cups of sugar
1 ¼ cups of flour
½ cup of cocoa powder unsweetened
Dash of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups of marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine margarine and sugar, beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add eggs and continue to beat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into a 13×9 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread marshmallows over top and pour frosting on top of dish.
½ cup margarine, melted
¼ cup cocoa powder
⅓ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of powdered sugar
- Stir cocoa powder and milk into melted margarine.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes – stirring constantly
- Pour into mixing bowl with powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Pour/spread over marshmallows
This recipe makes approximately 12- 16 bars. depending on how you large you make the slices. Enjoy!
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.