Mississippi Mud Bars Recipe
These are a little bit like brownies and s’mores all mixed into one, this Mississippi Mud Bars Recipe can’t be beat if you have a sweet tooth! It’s pretty easy to whip up and while it is delicious served warm (with vanilla ice cream on top!) I also love it cold. When the marshmallows set up, it is so wonderfully chewy and delicious!
1 cup of margarine, softened
2 cups of sugar
1 ¼ cups of flour
½ cup of cocoa powder unsweetened
Dash of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups of marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine margarine and sugar, beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add eggs and continue to beat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into a 13×9 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread marshmallows over top and pour frosting on top of dish.
½ cup margarine, melted
¼ cup cocoa powder
⅓ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of powdered sugar
- Stir cocoa powder and milk into melted margarine.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes – stirring constantly
- Pour into mixing bowl with powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Pour/spread over marshmallows
This recipe makes approximately 12- 16 bars. depending on how you large you make the slices. Enjoy!