What to See and Do During the Holidays at Disneyland Resort
There is nothing quite like the holidays at Disneyland resort. If you haven’t been, then you definitely need to add it to your bucket list. If you’ve been, then you know what I’m talking about. This year will be even more spectacular than ever, I’m sure, thanks to all of the new additions and happenings in the park.
Before we know it, the Holiday season will be upon us! Over the past few years, I have shared many ways to help you save on disney travel, and thankfully you can combine these tips with the fact that my friends at Get Away Today have started to get details on all the Holiday happenings at the Disneyland Resort! I’m excited to share those with you today; now is the time to plan for Holidays at the Disneyland Resort!
Holidays at Disneyland Resort
People always ask me, when is the best time to visit Disneyland? No time is bad, but if you can make it work, the holidays are extra special.
Have you ever visited Disneyland during the Holidays? While the Resort is always pretty magical, there’s just something extra special about it being decked out for the season. From special events and ride overlays to treats and Santa sightings, there’s a whole lot to celebrate during the Holidays at Disneyland Resort!
Holidays in Disney California Adventure Park
There are different Holiday-themed attractions and entertainment options between the two Disneyland Resort Parks, so with the help of the travel experts at Get Away Today I’ve outlined a few of them below.
Check out this list so you can plan for the Holidays November 8, 2019 – January 6, 2020 in Disney California Adventure Park!
- Disney Festival of Holidays – A multicultural celebration of the most wonderful time of the year! Featuring limited-time food, magical performances and a visit from Santa.
- Festive Foods Marketplace – Taste your way through the Holiday with a variety of festive food and drink. These limited-time offerings are available at a number of vendors throughout the Park.
- Disney ¡Viva Navidad! – The Three Caballeros, Donald Duck, Panchito and José Carico, host a street party with festive mariachi music, folk dancing and muy gigantesco puppets.
- Santa’s Holiday Visit – Head to Redwood Challenge Trail to meet the jolliest of them all during the Holidays. When you enter, grab a challenge map and get to work finding all the hidden decorations while you await your visit with Santa.
- Mater’s Jingle Jamboree – A temporary Holiday-themed overlay turns Mater’s junkyard into a jingling jamboree! Enjoy Holiday decor and music while riding aboard the festive tractors.
- Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl – Sing and dance along to seasonal tunes in one of Luigi’s little cars.
- Buena Vista Street Holiday Tree Lighting – Located outside Elias & Co. is a 50-foot Holiday tree that will dazzle and twinkle when lit each evening.
- Three Kings Day – In Paradise Gardens you can celebrate Epiphany, also known as the 12th day of Christmas. This is a multicultural celebration with an emphasis on Latin American traditions. Paradise Gardens will be adorned with banners, piñatas and more.
Holidays in Disneyland Park
In Disneyland Park, you’ll find some of your favorite Holiday-themed entertainment. The Park will dazzle and delight guests of all ages with lights, music and more. Here’s a look at some of the fantastic seasonal things to expect during the Holidays November 8, 2019 – January 6, 2020 in Disneyland Park:
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade -. Along Main Street, U.S.A. Disney Characters and Santa will be joined by reindeer, toy soldiers and more. Look for floats featuring characters such as Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Chip & Dale and, of course, Mickey Mouse.
- “Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks Spectacular – This firework show takes the sky over Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in Disneyland Park. The castle itself will dazzle with over 80,000 lights and magical snow will fall as well.
- “It’s a small world” Holiday Lighting – Thousands of lights on the exterior of the attraction will light up this corner of the Park. Every 30 minutes there will be a light show on the building’s facade, featuring a variety of festive colors and Holiday-themed images.
- “It’s a small world” Holiday Lighting and Decorations – Sail through the ride with a Holiday overlay that combines the classic tune, “it’s a small world” with others of a more seasonal origin.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday – Jack Skellington tried his hand at decorating the Haunted Mansion for the Holidays. See what family-friendly creepy-crawlies he used, and look for Characters like Sally, Oogie Boogie and more.
- Winter Time Enchantment at Sleeping Beauty’s Castle – Take in the sight of the castle with its Holiday overlay featuring festive decor. Look for lights, garland, wreaths and more on the facade.
For specific showtimes and locations of Disney Characters throughout Disneyland Resort, be sure to use the free, official Disneyland app. It will let you know when and where you can catch Holiday entertainment during your visit.
Book Your Christmas Vacation Now
Did you know you can book your Disney vacation package now, and make interest-free payments with Get Away Today? With the Layaway Plan, you can book your vacation for as low as $175 down, and make flexible payments up until five days before travel. It’s the perfect way to surprise the family with a trip to Disneyland Resort to celebrate the Holidays! You can find out more at www.getawaytoday.com, or call an agent at 855-GET-AWAY. Let them know SheSaved sent you, and use promo code, SheSaved, for an additional $10 in savings.
2020 Disneyland Ticket Sales (and savings!!) are live NOW!
And if you are looking to travel in 2020, I’ve got some great news for you!! The 2020 Disneyland ticket sales are now live! Not only can you start booking your 2020 vacation today, but you can still book them at the discounted 2019 pricing!
Here are just a few examples of what we’ll see at Disneyland in 2020:
- January 17, 2020: Rise of the Resistance opens in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Early 2020: Lunar New Year Celebration
- Spring 2020: Disney California Adventure® Park Food & Wine Festival
- Avengers assemble in Disney California Adventure® Park in 2020
- Mid-Sept. – Oct. 31: Halloween Time at the Disneyland® Resort
- Mid-Nov. – Early Jan.: Holidays at the Disneyland® Resort
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.