If you are looking or some great Thanksgiving side dish ideas, here is one of my favorites! It is quick and easy and best of all — delicious!One of the things that I love the most about this recipe is that while it is easy to prepare, it presents as an almost gourmet dish and looks so lovely on a talbe. My kids love sausage, and they are a wonderful compliment to green beans.
1 Bag of Frozen Green Beans (I used organic & uncut)
1/2 Of An Andouille Sausage
1 Teaspoon Of Minced Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Of Onion Powder
3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper to taste
1. Cut Andouille Sausage length wise in half, and then cut them into thin slices.
2. In a Large pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Allow olive oil to heat and then add minced garlic.
3. Allow minced garlic to get a lightly golden color, and then add the andouille sausage slices. Allow sausage to become slightly brown on both sides.
4. Add bag of frozen green beans and cover with lid. Allow to cook for 5 minutes and then stir.
5. Add onion powder, sea salt, and cracked pepper. Stir ingredients in pan to spread seasonings around evenly.
6. Cover with lid and allow to cook for another 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.