Almost impossible to photograph, but amazing to eat! If you are looking for a sweet treat that’s also an easy dessert recipe then you will love this no bake dessert – it’s one of the absolute best dessert lasagna recipes that we’ve tried and I’ve been making it for years!
This patriotic dessert lasagna also happens to be the perfect fourth of July dessert! One thing that I love about this dessert is that it’s SO easy, and a wonderful dessert for kids to make.
One of the best things about this layered dessert is that it’s a no bake recipe – that’s right!! There is no baking involved and very little prep or ingredients – so this is a great starter recipe for kids of those just getting into the kitchen for the first time! It truly is the perfect dessert to make on a moments notice, and it will be your new favorite. I always have time to make this one, as it can be whipped up in a jiffy!
Fourth of July Dessert: Patriotic Dessert Lasagna
And of course, the colors are perfect for festive patriotic themed celebrations and my kids get the biggest kick out of the name dessert lasagna. I’m not a lasagna fan so I have to say, I’ll choose this kind of lasagna any day!
Ingredients for making Dessert Lasagna
* Nilla wafers to line 8×8 pan
* 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1 cup whipped cream (Cool Whip)
* ¼ cup powdered sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 quart strawberries, chopped
* 3.4 ounce vanilla instant pudding mix
* 1 ½ cups milk
* 1 cup whipped cream
* 1 cup blueberries
* 8 ounce container whipped topping, thawed
How to make Dessert Lasagna
1. Line the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan with Nilla wafers. Make sure the wafers are spread evenly on bottom of pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk, powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 cup of whipped cream. Spread the cream cheese mixture layer out carefully over the bottom layer of Nilla wafers. Make sure it’s evenly spread before you add the next layer.
3. Top the cream cheese filling layer with chopped fresh strawberries. (lay the strawberries evenly over the cream cheese layer)
4. In a medium bowl, mix together cold milk with pudding mix and another cup whipped cream and combine pudding mix until smooth. Spread this out over the strawberries and then top the pudding layer with blueberries.
5. Next, add the remaining whipped topping to the top of the lasagna. Tease it a little with a fork until stiff peaks form.
6. Finish the dessert off with sprinkles.
7. Chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
I love easy recipes – and this is such a classic recipe that works for so many occasions: Fourth of July (of course) but also Valentine’s Day, family reunions, birthday parties, Easter … so many ways that you could include this casserole dish style recipe into your dessert menu!
If you want to get really creative, you could top this one with hot fudge sauce (for the chocolate lovers out there!) or even adding in some sliced banana or chocolate curls / shavings on top! Other topping ideas include: mini chocolate chips, fine crumbs of crushed Oreo cookies, M&M candies and more!
Amazing desserts like this are the ones that become family traditions and this is definitely one that we make at least once a year!
As you can see, this dessert is super easy, but I promise you! It’s all kinds of yum! Perfect for summer picnics, parties and bbqs! Looking for more fun summer desserts? Check out our favorite Patriotic Poke Cake recipe!
Print this Recipe for this Patriotic Dessert Lasagna
- Nilla wafers to line 8x8 pan
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart strawberries, chopped
- 3.4 ounce vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup blueberries
- 8 ounce container whipped topping, thawed
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
Line the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan with Nilla wafers.
Mix together cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk, powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 cup of whipped topping. Spread this layer out carefully over the Nilla wafers.
Top cream cheese layer with chopped strawberries.
In a medium bowl, mix together milk with pudding mix and another cup whipped topping until smooth. Spread this out over the strawberries and then top the pudding layer with blueberries.
Next, add the remaining whipped topping to the top of the lasagna.
Finish the dessert off with sprinkles.
Chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
*This is just an estimate
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.