Easy Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft
I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve been a room mom for the Christmas party. You know, the frazzled mom who works so hard to come up with just the right craft, only to realize that she over thought it and maybe made things a bit too complicated. Well, live and learn, my friends! I’ve definitely come to see that the very best projects for little ones are the easy ones like this Easy Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft. A craft that allows kids to use their individual creativity to CREATE and enjoy. On top of that, these types of crafts don’t need to cost a fortune. It takes just a few supplies and clean up is pretty simple too! It also includes some of the basic cutting and glueing techniques that are great for the younger ages (you can use hot glue OR liquid paste, depending on the group you are working with. You might even opt to hot glue the plates together for a quicker start, and then let the kids decorate their trees with the white school glue.)
And another thing that I love about this craft? It’s a quick trip to the dollar store and you can get everything needed for this craft for around $10, maybe less! (for a group of 20+ kids!)
Green paper plates
Tinsel pom-pom balls
Curly gold ribbon
Elmer’s glue or hot glue
1. Cut three separate green plates into triangles each one a couple inches bigger than the first.
2. Glue your smallest plate onto the medium sized triangle and the medium sized triangle onto the largest triangle to make a Christmas tree.
3. Glue your tinsel pom-pom balls all over your paper plate Christmas tree and make sure to glue a yellow one on the top.
4. Now cut three strands of curly ribbon and glue one across each triangle plate.
5. Let your Christmas tree dry and display!
You can modify this craft in so many ways! Clear our your craft room and have the kids glue on all kinds of things: gems, foam shapes, felt cutouts, get creative!
These kinds of crafts are also so fun when paired with story time. Here are a few tree and Christmas related stories that might make this craft extra special for the little ones: