I love this Easy Baked Squash Recipe for a side dish. It’s perfect for a relaxed family dinner and fancy enough to serve on Thanksgiving!
Easy Baked Squash Recipe
- 2-3 medium size squash, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 C. butter, melted + 2 tbs.
- 1 C. mayo
- 1 package of stuffing mix, such as Stove Top Stuffing
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese + 1⁄2 C. to sprinkle on top of the casserole
- 3 eggs
- 1 package of Ranch seasoning mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a medium size baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium size frying pan saute the squash chunks and butter until the squash is tender and forkable. Once it is tender remove it from the stove and dump it into a large bowl.
- Beat the 3 eggs in a small bowl. Pour the eggs and 1⁄2 cup of butter over the top of the squash, next add the mayo, stuffing mix, cheese and Ranch seasoning packet. Use a large spoon to stir and completely coat the squash.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle the 1⁄2 cup of shredded cheese over the top and bake 20-25 minutes – enough to heat through.
- Remove and serve immediately.
*Makes approximately 6 servings.