I love recipes that are fresh and easy that help me use up some of the goodies from my garden. These Tomato Basil Baguette Appetizers look kind of fancy but are so simple to make and if you’ve got a garden bursting with tomatoes, this is a great recipe to use some up! I made just a few for lunch a little while ago, or you could make a whole tray and serve them as an appetizer at a party.
I didn’t include measurements in the ingredients list because you’ll have to use your judgement based on how many you’re making. But it’s not hard to figure out. And you’ll probably want a lot. They are really, really flavorful and delicious!
- Baguette loaf, sliced
- Tomato, sliced and quartered
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Garlic, minced
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sliced pieces of baguette on a baking sheet. In a small dish combine olive oil and garlic. I didn’t include meeasurements because it will be based on how much you’re making. I used about 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 clove of garlic for 6-8 pieces. After you’ve combined the oil and garlic, brush over the baguette pieces.
- Bake in the oven for about 3 minutes. Remove from oven.
- On top of the garlic, place a piece of tomato, a basil leaf, and sprinkle with as much cheese as you’d like.
- Put the tray back in the oven and bake until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.