Chocolate Chip Cheerio Bars Recipe
I’m a huge fan of no-bake recipes because they are not only easy to make, but they can be made quickly for those “must snack now!” moments. The combination of yummy ingredients in this Chocolate Chip Cheerio Bars recipe is so wonderful that I promise this will be your new go to no-bake.
The combination of the white chocolate chips with the regular chocolate chips and the peanut butter is what really sets this bar apart from others!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cheerio Bars Recipe
- 6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 10oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Grease a 8 x 8 baking pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, heat your marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter for 2 minutes or until the marshmallows get puffy.
3. Stir your marshmallow mixture well and mix in 6 cups of your cereal.
4. Fold in your white and semi sweet chocolate chips.
5. Scoop your cereal mixture into your greased baking dish and press your cereal mixture into your pan evenly (I like to grease a plastic bag or a potato masher and press it into the pan).
6. To make cutting easier, freeze for 15 minutes and slice into bars.
Another thing that I love about this easy dessert recipe is that it’s a no bake recipe, which makes it a great starter recipe for teens and tweens. In fact, this is a recipe that I used to make much too often in college.
Enjoy this Chocolate Chip Cheerio Bars recipe with the whole family!
Looking for another Chocolate Chip Cheerio Bar recipe?
This one is very similar but might be a better fit for you based on the ingredients that you have on hand. I like her recipe because it’s made with Peanut Butter Cheerios (of course you can use regular ones) and I’ve actually made these without chocolate chips and they are still amazing!
Head over to Just Jenn for the whole recipe, but for her variation of no-bake Chocolate Chip Bars you will need:
- 6 cups Peanut Butter Cheerios
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows (approx. 40)
- 1 cup chocolate chips