Guest Post: Here’s another fun creative product from our friend Trish over at Mom on Timeout ! My kids and I are making these today … they look so yummy!
1 bag of marshmallows (approx. 10 oz)
1/2 c butter (1 stick)
1 tsp vanilla
food coloring (optional)
1 c M&Ms or other candy
non-stick baking spray
1. Gather up your ingredients and preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Pop enough popcorn to fill a 9×13 baking dish. Pop a couple extra cups so you can add to the mix if needed. Place the baking dish and popcorn in the oven to keep warm.
2. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray or coat with butter.
3. Melt the marshmallows and butter together in a large pot. Once the marshmallows have fully melted, turn off the heat and add in the vanilla and food coloring. Start with a couple drops of red and then add more as needed.
4. Pull the baking dish full of warm popcorn out of the oven. Carefully drizzle the marshmallow and butter mixture over the popcorn.
5. Combine the popcorn and marshmallows with your hands or a wooden spoon. If using your hands (I do), spray your hands with baking spray or cover them in butter. This protects your hands from the heat AND keeps the marshmallow mixture from sticking to you. After the popcorn and marshmallow mixture are thoroughly combined and cooled slightly, add in the M&Ms. It is important to wait for a few minutes before adding in chocolate candy or it will melt.
6. Recoat your hands and grab a handful of popcorn and start forming it into a ball. You will need to squeeze firmly while making the balls. Make them any size you want to but make sure they are pressed together well or they will fall apart.
7. You can leave the popcorn balls unwrapped or you can put them in cute bags or wrap in plastic wrap. Super delicious!
About Trish: Trish is a very blessed Mom (self proclaimed!) to two darling little boys ages 5 and 3. She loves sharing her favorite recipes, DIY projects, and fun crafts for the kiddos with her readers. If you get a chance, enjoy your timeout with her on her blog, Mom on Timeout! She is a great source for creative and unique things to do with the kids!!
Thanks for stopping by Trish!
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.