The Best Caramel Corn Recipe
You haven’t had a good “comfort food snack” until you’ve had caramel corn and today I’m sharing the best Caramel Corn recipe with you!
This recipe is great all year long but I tend to crave it and make it more in the fall. It has the fall-ish feel to it. My kids love it and I usually double the batch to make sure that we have enough caramel corn to go around! Great recipe for bringing to tailgate and harvest parties too!
Best Caramel Corn Recipe
- 13-15 cups of popped popcorn OR 2 bags of microwave popcorn (the kettle corn kind works great)
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 250° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Spread your popcorn out of your baking sheet
3. In a large heavy bottomed pot, combine your brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup
4. Stir until your butter is melted, and bring to an uninterrupted boil for 5 minutes on medium-high
5. Take your pot off the heat and mix in vanilla, keep mixing until you have a thick caramel sauce
6. Carefully (this will be hot) pour your caramel over your popcorn
7. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes
8. Let cool and break apart
9. Serve in a large bowl and enjoy!
If you are really quick, you can even roll the caramel corn into popcorn balls. Sometimes my kids request it that way, but usually we start snacking on it too quickly to care. I hope you enjoy what we think is the Best Caramel Corn Recipe around!