I am always look for fun and creative craft ideas! This one will teach you how to make t-shirt bracelets!! This craft is a great one because no only does it use old t-shirts (up-cycle!) but it is also a great way to give the kids a frugal activity that doesn’t need to cost a dime!
I have introduced you to Megan before … and I have been so impressed with her creativity and frugality that I am excited to welcome her back with this wonderful share:
Hello She Saved Readers!
- Old T-shirts (various colors or patterns)
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Cut a strip from an old t-shirt approximately 10″ x ½”
- Repeat step 1 with two different t-shirts in varying colors
- Roll the t-shirt strips between your fingers so that they are thin
- Sew together the ends of 3 different colored t-shirt strands
- Braid the strands into a traditional 3 strand braid
- Sew together the ends at the bottom of the braid
- Sew the bottom and top portions together to create your bracelet. Note: You could also use more traditional jewelry clasps for a more finished look.
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.