Give the Gift of Family Time!
*Disclosure: I was provided with a Netflix membership to facilitate my review, but these opinions are 100% my own.
I am a member of the Netflix Stream Team which means that I have spent the TWO years learning more about Netflix and sharing with you all of the awesome benefits and perks of having a Netflix account in our home.
Netflix is literally changing the way that families watch television. As we all know, sometimes new technology can take away from family experiences. I am excited to share that Netflix has actually enhanced our television time. I can think of many reasons that it has done so, but one of the ways that it MOST enhances our television time is that Netflix allows us to fit family movie time into our schedule so that we can not only select a movie as a family, but sit down and watch it in our own time. Quite often, that might be dividing a movie up into 4 parts, usually 1/2 hour at each viewing. We don’t have a lot of time in our schedule to spend in front of the television, but we certainly enjoy sharing movies and shows with our kids, and Netflix has provided such a great avenue for doing so.
Give the Gift of Family Time!
Gift giving can be difficult! People have too much stuff, kids have too many toys and it’s often hard to even guess what something might like or need. I love practical gift giving and that’s why something like a Netflix membership makes the perfect gift!
We love our Netflix account. Such a fun way to come together and connect as a family, and it’s also a great way for each of us to find our own bit of entertainment, based on our individual taste. My hubby loves the documentaries, and I tend to get really sucked into the reality shows (HOARDERS… stop me!). My son tends to go more for the action and my daughter loves the Disney television shows, like Liv and Maddie, Teen Beach Movie, Teen Beach Movie 2, Good Luck Charlie… the list goes on for her. There is literally something for everyone in the family!
Here are my top FIVE reasons why a Netflix membership would make a great gift:
- With Netflix, family time can be ANYTIME! It’s as easy as agreeing on a movie, and pushing play. Anytime.
- Quick and easy (and safe!) entertainment for the kids! Admit it. There are times when you need to take that phone call or clean out that closet. Kids entertained = mama might get something done!
- Educational entertainment! We love watching documentaries as a family. So many wonderful things to learn together, so many questions and great discussions with the kids!
- Date night-in! It’s not always easy to get a night out, but get the kiddos to bed and it’s instant date night for mom and dad!
- Walk down memory lane. With Netflix, it’s so easy to pull up your old favorites! We love to show the kids our favorite shows from “the olden days” and quite often, they love them as much as we do!
Where to purchase Netflix?
Gift cards can be purchased in-store at major retailers such as Walmart and CVS.
Great movies = family time!
Netflix never fails to entertain and the December line-up looks pretty amazing this year:
Meet the author – Keri Lyn
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. She Saved has become a community for like-minded consumers who appreciate saving money, time and sanity by getting the best deals on quality products and experiences.