This is the time of year when we have company over more often and I love to be able to serve them something delicious to eat, little snacky appetizer foods, that are easy for me to make. This one, my hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip, is delicious and really pretty quick to whip up. It’s even better left over, too, and just perfect for a game day treat. Enjoy!
Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
8 ounces light cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Spray a medium-size baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sauté the artichoke hearts and spinach over medium heat until all the liquid has evaporated. This should only take a few minutes, but it’s a necessary step. If you skip it, you may wind up with a watery dip.
- Add the mozzarella, Parmesan, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper to the bowl of a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach and blend until they are evenly combined.
- Pour into you’re prepared baking dish, cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling and the top is lightly browned.
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, toasted bread or vegetables for dipping.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator up to three days.