Family Travel Tips: LEGOLAND 2nd Day Free
Have you ever been to LEGOLAND California? It’s such a fun experience for LEGO lovers of all ages. From Duplo-inspired blocks and intricate city replicas to LEGO-themed rides and delicious food, LEGOLAND has something for everyone. And to top it all off, you can always get discount tickets and hotel accommodations with my friends at Get Away Today. They’re currently offering a LEGOLAND 2nd Day Free special, so I’ll tell you all about LEGOLAND and why you should consider it for your next vacation.
LEGOLAND California is open year-round* and even has its own Water Park. Today I’ll share some of the experiences you can expect to find at LEGOLAND, and how to get the best deals.
LEGOLAND Rides and Attractions
LEGOLAND is geared toward guests ages 2 – 12, but it truly is fun for all ages. Anyone can appreciate the themed rides and attractions, regardless of age. I’ll break down some of the rides and their height requirements so it’s easier to plan a LEGOLAND vacation.
- LEGO City: Deep Sea Adventure – No height requirement
- Cole’s Rock Climb – No height requirement
- Jay’s Lightning Drill – No height requirement
- Kai’s Spinners – No height requirement
- LEGO Ninjago The Ride – No height requirement, but guests 47 inches and shorter must be accompanied by a rider who is at least 14 and 48 inches tall
- Safari Trek – Minimum Height 34 inches
- Coastersaurus – Minimum Height 36 inches
- The Dragon – Minimum Height 40 inches
- Knight’s Tournament – Minimum Height 40 inches
- LEGO Technic Coaster – Minimum Height 42 inches
- Bionicle Blaster – Minimum Height 42 inches
- Miniland USA – no height requirement (walk through area_
As you can see, there is a whole lot of awesome available to smaller riders. LEGOLAND is such a great way to introduce your young kids to a theme park!
A vacation wouldn’t be complete without delicious dining options. You’ll find a variety of good eats in LEGOLAND that you won’t want to miss.
- Ninja Kitchen – Visit this vendor for fresh banh-mi sandwiches. It’s located right outside NINJAGO – The Ride.
- Knights’ Smokehouse BBQ – Enjoy Texas barbecue in Carlsbad at the Smokehouse. Located in Castle Hill, meats are slow-cooked to perfection in an all-wood smoker.
- Granny’s Apple Fries – Have you heard about Granny’s Apple Fries at LEGOLAND? Wondering where to find Granny’s Apple Fries at LEGOLAND? Arguably the best treat in LEGOLAND, these Apple Fries are cooked and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. The whole thing is topped with whipped, vanilla cream. Find this LEGOLAND exclusive dessert in Castle Hill.
- Pizza & Pasta Buffet – Find family-friendly favorites such as pasta, pizza and salad at this buffet. You can build your own dish for one all-you-care-to-eat price. The buffet is located in LEGOLAND’s Imagination Zone.
There are two LEGOLAND Resort hotels located right on the theme park’s property: LEGOLAND Hotel and LEGOLAND Castle Hotel. Both are steps away from the park entrance, making it so easy to get to and from your room throughout the day. It’s perfect for those traveling with family members who need a nap to recharge before venturing out for more fun.
A perk of staying at either of the LEGOLAND Resort hotels is early theme park admission each day of your stay. You’ll be able to enjoy rides before the park opens to the public, allowing you to fit more awesome fun into your day. Rides open for early admission include the following:
- Safari Trek
- Fairy Tale Brook
- Mia’s Riding Camp
- The LEGO Movie Experience
- NINJAGO 4D at the LEGO Show Place
Additionally, you can enjoy a full breakfast buffet each morning with a huge variety of foods. The theming at each hotel is truly awesome, offering LEGO play areas, daily scavenger hunts, LEGO-themed pools, nightly parties and even surprise dance parties in the elevators.
Every room at the LEGOLAND Resort hotels features LEGO theming. Each standard guest room includes a darling kids’ bedroom with bunk beds, a daybed, a TV and an area designated for LEGO play.
Get Away Today also partners with a number of off-property hotels in Carlsbad. You can view the options online HERE, or call an agent at 855-GET-AWAY.
LEGOLAND Discount Tickets
As I mentioned, Get Away Today always offers discounts on gate prices for LEGOLAND tickets. A bonus is that you can combine LEGOLAND tickets with other attraction tickets to get the most bang for your buck when traveling in Southern California. Plus, for a limited time you can get your 2nd day free! Book Two Day LEGOLAND Hopper with Get Away Today and enjoy two visits to LEGOLAND® California and two visits to SEA LIFE® Aquarium within 9 days of first visit. If you want to include LEGOLAND and the LEGOLAND Water Park on your vacation, book the LEGOLAND Resort Park Hopper Ticket that includes both the Water Park and SEA LIFE Aquarium. You’ll also get your 2nd day free with this deal! Find more ticket details via the links below:
For all Southern California vacation packages, including LEGOLAND tickets and hotel accommodations, visit www.getawaytoday.com or speak to a travel expert at 855-GET-AWAY. When you book with Get Away Today, let them know SheSaved sent you, and use code SheSaved for an additional $10 in savings.
*Please note that LEGOLAND® Park is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays during select seasons and the Water Park is open seasonally. Please check the calendar when making your vacation plans.
Can’t get enough LEGO in your life? If you are planning a LEGO party, check out one of my favorite and super easy LEGO birthday party treats, my LEGO cupcake recipe.
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.