Taco Tuesday: Taco Cupcakes for Dessert!
I have to admit, I’m up for any excuse to eat tacos, but taco cupcakes? You don’t have to ask me twice! Fun Taco Tuesday Taco Cupcakes for dessert sound like the perfect ending to a taco Tuesday to me!
How cute are these? Aren’t they so darling? And guess what, they are super to make and even more fun to serve. I first surprised my family with these on Taco Tuesday and they got the biggest kick out of them. Now my daughter enjoys making taco cookies (same recipe, just minus the cupcakes!)
Ingredients for Taco Tuesday
2 to 3 cups vanilla frosting
24 Nilla Wafers (2 for each cupcake)
Yellow jimmies (sprinkles)
Green frosting (I used canned frosting with the leaf tip, similar to Wilton Tip 67)
Red Mini M&Ms
You will also need:
Large open star tip (Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip)
How to Make Taco Cupcakes
- Pipe frosting over cupcake in a circular direction working from the outer edge of the cupcake towards the center.
- Crumble one cupcake into pieces, this will be your “taco meat”. Set aside.
- Place two Nilla Wafers into the top of each cupcake and press them down into the cupcake at an angle to resemble a taco shell.
- Inside the Nilla Wafer, add about 1 teaspoon crumbled cupcake, just like you are filling a real taco.
- Over the crumbled cupcake (taco meat), decorate with green icing to resemble the look of lettuce.
- Sprinkle red Mini M&Ms (tomato) and yellow jimmies (cheese) over the the “lettuce”.
Taco cupcakes, anyone? We love to make create dessert items like this. My kids love to help and of course they love to eat them! Another of their favorites are Hamburger Cookies, also made from Nilla Wafers. You might even consider making these two recipes together OR including them as a fun party activity and let guest create and decorate their own cupcakes with these fun toppings.
This recipe can be as simple as purchasing pre-made cupcakes, using a box cake mix or if you are really up for it, you can even make your cupcakes from scratch. Regardless of how you make them, your guest will get a big kick out of these treats and they will definitely be a wonderful subject of conversation.
Let’s Taco ‘Bout a Taco Tuesday Celebration
Do you do Taco Tuesday? We actually do tacos quite often, at least once a week. Just like these taco cupcakes, I find them easy to make and they are something that almost everyone loves. Our family jokes about Taco Tuesday quite often because we actually have it more days in a week than there are Tuesdays, but we love tacos!
Turn your Taco Tuesday into a full on party with these fun Taco Tuesday celebration party favors and decor and you will definitely turn your meal into a full on fiesta. Wanna taco ’bout it?