Easy Rotisserie Chicken Chimichanga Recipe
I’m all about the easy dinners that can incorporate a rotisserie chicken into, aren’t you?
I love the fact that I can grab everything I need and have a meal like this on these yummy and EASY Rotisserie Chicken Chimichangas on the table for my family in no time flat. This is probably a recipe that we make too often, but you know what? It’s affordable, my family loves it and the ingredients are so easy to grab and go that I’ve got them memorized and usually have everything but the rotisserie chicken on hand!
Ingredients for this Homemade Chimichanga Recipe
1 rotisserie chicken, white meat removed and shredded
8 large tortillas
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 cups rice, cooked
1.5 cups shredded quesadilla cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1 T chili powder
2 t cumin
1 t salt
How to Make Homemade Chimichangas
1. Preheat a frying pan with about 1/2” cooking oil to medium high heat.
2. Lay out the tortillas, then add the rice and beans evenly among them.
3. Mix the shredded chicken, salsa, and spices, then add evenly to the tortillas.
4. Top each tortilla with shredded cheese, then roll up -folding in the edges as you go.
5. Add the chimis to the hot oil, cooking 2-3 at a time. Turn after the bottom is browned, about 2-3
6. Cook until fully browned, then place on paper towels.
To serve, top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and sour cream.
More Easy Recipe Ideas:
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken
- Taco Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Easy Vegetable Fried Rice
A quick dinner doesn’t have to mean compromising taste or spending a fortune! These are our favorites for affordable and quick meals! Make sure to follow She Saved on Pinterest for more favorite meal ideas!
Print this Easy Chicken Chimichanga Recipe
- 8 large tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups rice, cooked
- 1.5 cups shredded quesadilla cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t salt
- Preheat a frying pan with about 1/2” cooking oil to medium high heat.
- Lay out the tortillas, then add the rice and beans evenly among them.
- Mix the shredded chicken, salsa, and spices, then add evenly to the tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with shredded cheese, then roll up -folding in the edges as you go.
- Add the chimis to the hot oil, cooking 2-3 at a time. Turn after the bottom is browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cook until fully browned, then place on paper towels.
- To serve, top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 1113mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
*just an estimate
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.