Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
Is the zucchini taking over your garden yet? If so, you’ll love this Baked Zucchini Fries recipe!
So easy and full of flavor, it’s a great addition to summer meals.
You can literally take it straight from the garden to the kitchen and have these baked zucchini fries served up in less than 1/2 and hour!
And, best of all, this recipe for zucchini fries only requires a few ingredients that you probably have on hand:
Ingredients for making Zucchini Fries:
Directions for making Zucchini Fries
Is Zucchini Good for You?
I was wondering the same thing! We love zucchini and my kids were practically raised on it, but is zucchini good for you?
Does zucchini have protein? I was asking myself these same questions and I was so thrilled to find out that zucchini actually has over 2 grams of protein per cup (cooked). Low in calories but high in protein, those are my favorite types of veggies!
If you were to fry these zucchini fries, that might defeat the purpose of adding a healthy veggie choice to your meal, so that’s why baking them because such a healthier option! (plus, I think they taste better than fried zucchini!)
Ways to Cook Zucchini
Zucchini is always in our garden. It’s very easy to grown and tends to be super prolific.
We use zucchini in everything from salad to zoodles. (If you aren’t familiar with zoodles, then check out my Homemade Pesto Zoodles recipe, they are SO good! (made with the The Original Zoodle Slicer, which is a handy dandy gadget and a must have in the kitchen for any zucchini lovers!)
If you are looking for other ways to cook zucchini, consider my Easy Roasted Zucchini recipe, another of our favorites that is also a fairly healthy (and very delicious) option!
Print the Recipe
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 C. Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese with the garlic powder and onion powder and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini in half and then into 1/2" strips.
- Take one zucchini strip at a time and dip into the egg and then roll in the Parmesan cheese coating every side. Place on the lined baking sheet and repeat with all the zucchini strips.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.