Pokémon Trade & Play Event + Giveaway (+ FREE Pin for She Saved Readers!)
Ok Pokémon friends and fans!! I’m so excited to share with you the details of the Pokémon Trade & Play Event! This is a super limited event – coming to only 22 stores around the country and if you live in one of the participating areas then you will definitely want to mare your calendar. This event is going to be epic!
Here are the areas where these events will be held:
- 1420 W PIPELINE RD Hurst TX 76053 (DFW)
- 6306 Lake Worth Blvd. Lake Worth TX 76135 (DFW)
- 3891 E. 42nd Street Odessa TX 79762
- 1515 N Cockrell Hill Rd, STE 101 Dallas TX 75211 (DFW)
- 1023 Highway 80, Ste 105 San Marcos TX 78666 (Austin area)
- 519 University Place, Suite E Durant OK 74701
- 2201 Preston Road, Suite E, C/O Barnes & Noble Plano TX 75093 (DFW)
- Building 4250, 4250 Clear Creek Road Fort Hood TX 76544
- 2004 East Lincoln Avenue Anaheim CA 92806 (OC)
- 2633 Foothill Blvd. La Crescenta CA 91214 (LA)
- 5336 W ROSECRANS AVE HAWTHORNE CA 90250 (LA)
- 250 E 5TH ST, STE C125 LONG BEACH CA 90802 (LA)
- 2655 SAVIERS RD, STE B OXNARD CA 93033 (Ventura area)
- 7821 EDINGER AVE, STE 146 HUNTINGTON BEACH CA 92647 (OC)
- 44412 Valley Central Way Suite B Lancaster CA 93536 (Palmdale area)
- 7753 Mall Road, Suite D Florence KY 41042 (Cincinnati area)
- 6603 Winchester Blvd Canal Winchester OH 43110 (Columbus area)
- 16763 Clover Road Noblesville IN 46060 (Indy area)
- 4024 ELKHART ROAD, SPACE #20-B Goshen IN 46526 (South Bend area)
- 2260 Michigan Ave, Spc 10-A Sidney OH 45365 (Dayton area)
- 837 Eastern Bypass Richmond KY 40475 (Lexington area)
- 950 N Bridge St Chillicothe OH 45601 (Columbus area)
And if you don’t live in one of these areas… stay tuned. I’m told that GameStop is gearing up for a MUCH bigger Pokémon battle campaign later this year, fingers crossed! PLUS, everyone is eligible to enter the giveaway below that I’m hosting in partnership with our friends from GameStop!
Pokémon Trade & Play Event
- Date: Sunday, July 15
- Time: 6:30 p.m.
- During the event guests can come in and trade Pokémon cards with their fellow trainers
- The trade portion of the event is free for anyone to participate!
- The cost to enter the play event is $20 (plus tax) – this includes a Pokémon Build & Battle box (23-card evolution pack and 4 booster packs) and a $5 gift card
- A promo will be running discounting these items to $20
- Players must use the cards from the Build & Battle box to play in the tournament and the $5 gift card should be retained as a part of the prize
- All gift cards from play entries go to the winner!
Play Event Bracket
- Participants are put into a 16-person bracket
- At the time of the play event, GameStop staff fills out the bracket in order of the sign-up sheet for everyone who has their Build & Battle box
- Each match is single elimination
- Players may only use cards received from the Build & Battle box purchased as entry, excluding energy cards
- Players should bring a variety of energy types, as they will not know what kind of deck they can build ahead of time
- Each store will have extra energy cards that players can borrow to help build their decks
- Each player shuffles their 40-card deck and draws 7 cards (keep hidden)
- Put your basic Pokémon in place face down – 1 as your active Pokémon and up to 5 on your bench
- The next 6 cards in the deck should be put face down on the side as your prize cards
- Draw a card
- Do any of the following actions in any order:
- Put Basic Pokémon cards from your hand onto your Bench (as many times as you want)
- Evolve your Pokémon (as many times as you want)
- Attach an Energy card from your hand to one of your Pokémon (once per turn)
- Play Trainer cards (as many as you want, but only one Supporter card and one Stadium card per turn)
- Use Abilities (as many as you want)
- Retreat your Active Pokémon (only once per turn)
- Attack, then end your turn
You WON if…
- You have all the prize cards
- You’ve knocked out all your opponent’s Pokémon
- Your opponent cannot draw a card at the start of his or her turn
ADDED BONUS: She Saved readers get a FREE pin at the event!
She Saved readers can mention seeing the event shared HERE on the blog to receive a FREE pin at the door! (while supplies last so do this immediately if you attend!)
Since we all don’t have these events where we live (sob!) I’ve partnered with the awesome folks at GameStop for a fun giveaway!
One lucky She Saved reader (US Only) will win this amazing prize package which will include:
- $50 GameStop gift card
- Mega Construx Kit
- Gallery Figure
- Trading Cards
- Portable Pikachu Charger
- Pikachu Lamp
I will leave this giveaway open until July 15th (mnt time) … once closed, I will select one winner who will have 48 hours to contact me to claim their prize! GOOD LUCK!!
Giveaway open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by GameStop.
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for almost 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.