Easy DIY Rolled Paper Tree Ornament Craft
I love simple ornament crafts that the kids can make. Not only does this Easy DIY Rolled Paper Tree Ornament Craft take only a few supplies, but it is also fairly quick and easy and do-able for a wide variety of ages. These little rolled paper trees are so cute attached to packages and make for a really fun activity!
5-inch piece of dowel rod. I used a 1/4-inch diameter dowel rod.
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
10 pieces of 7.5-inch x 3.75-inch Christmas scrapbook paper or wrapping paper
Stickers, buttons, or other decorations for your final tree
A small piece of ribbon to use as an ornament hook
1. To begin rolling your Christmas paper, I found that it rolls more tightly if you first crease a small amount of the end, as shown in the photo.
2. Use a pencil to tightly roll each piece of paper.
3. Use a small amount of tape to secure the rolled paper.
4. Arrange all of the rolled pieces into your preferred order. Make sure that the seam side with the tape is facing up. Apply a generous line of hot glue along the center.
5. Attach the dowel rod and press in place for about a minute while the glue dries. Add more hot glue along both sides of the dowel rod. This will secure it in place. Be generous with the glue.
6. Your last step is to use a pair of sturdy scissors to cut the diagonal lines to form a tree. Lightly mark off the shape of a tree with a pencil, angle your scissors, and cut. Warning: it will feel like your paper might come loose from the dowel rod, but don’t worry, it won’t.