Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Available on Blu-ray and DVD NOW!
Exciting news! Today is the day! GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 is available on 4k Ultra HD and Blu-ray today and I could not be more excited! I LOVE these movies, and I will tell you, it wasn’t always that way. My love for the Guardians (and other super hero action type films) came after finding that it has been an amazing way to connect with my 12 year old son. Just as my love for Thomas the Train, LEGO and all of the other fun characters and toys came to be, so did this love. Out of a love for my son and the things that he loves.
I think that my other love for the Guardians franchise is that the main character Peter Quill/Star-Lord is close to my same age in terms of where he comes from. It has actually been fun to connect with my son over the same songs that I grew up listening to and seeing some of the fun 70s and 80s references (walkman, cassette tapes, etc) which have given us a lot of conversation topics and we have had so much fun just diving into this world together.
If you aren’t yet watching these movies, you might give them a try. They are definitely for kids a bit older – my son started watching them when he was ten – and my daughter who is ten now enjoys them as well. They are action packed, exciting, and super funny. In fact, I love how much humor they fit into these because I am not generally an “action” girl, but they way that they include such a strong story line along with some awesome music and hilarious story lines is another reason that I’m a true fan.
If you are a fan of these films, then you already get it. This sequel to the first Guardians movie is just as good, if not better, in my opinion. Sequels always make me nervous, but this one definitely didn’t disappoint, in fact – it made me love these cast of characters even more. Oh. And I cried. For reals. This movie has all the things. *sob* AND … I can’t wait for the next one!
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has AWESOME Bonus Material:
As always, one of our favorite things about owning these sets is that we love the bonus material. I am surprised by how often I talk to people who don’t even realize how amazing the bonus content on these disks are. In fact, if we have already seen the movie in the theater, these are the things that my kids are most excited about when we first add the movie to our collection.
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
To give you an idea of what all of the excitement is all about, here’s one of my favorite trailers:
Make sure to check out my interview Karen Gillan (Nebula) and Pom Klementieff (Mantis) on the blog here. It was an amazing peek into this movie, and I think you will really enjoy learning more about these two ladies!
Here’s a peek at what the ride looks like, and you can read my full post about it here.
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 is available on 4k Ultra HD and Blu-ray NOW!!
More fun adventures from D23 Expo 2017 that you might enjoy:
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for almost 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.