Popsicle Christmas Tree Craft
Looking for a simple little craft to do with your kids this week? This Popsicle Christmas Tree Craft is a fun project that you can make with supplies that you probably already have on hand.
I love these types of crafts with my kiddos because no matter what their age, they end result represents their skill level at the time. Some of my very favorite ornaments have very crooked lines and misspelled words. I just love these types of treasures!
Christmas Tree Craft
- Craft sticks
- Bright green and brown craft paint
- Thin metallic silver rope
- Multi-colored glitter
- Mod podge
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Miniature craft Pom-poms
- Yellow felt
- Paint brush
1. Carefully hot glue three of your green craft sticks into a triangle.
2. Then glue your five remaining craft sticks onto the top point one at a time, staggering them at the bottom of your triangle and glue your one brown stick vertically to the back of the tree for the trunk.
3. Lay down a piece of old newspaper and paint eight craft sticks green and one brown and let dry (use a hair dryer for a quick dry).
4. Now paint on one coat of mod podge and immediately sprinkle your glitter on top and let it dry.
5. Now hot glue your silver rope towards the top of the tree and use a back-and-forth motion hot gluing to the sides of the tree until you reach the bottom then trim the excess rope off.
6. Cut a small star out of you were felt and hot glued to the top of the tree and glue your miniature pom-poms all over the front of the tree.
7. Add a ribbon to hang or add to the top of a gift.
So much fun! Use these as gifts, ornaments and they also make wonderful package toppers!
I hope your children will enjoy making this fun Christmas Tree craft?