Spring is just around the corner, which means we’ll soon be treated to the appearance of daffodils, cherry blossoms—and the Easter Beagle!
If you grew up LOVING Snoopy and the gang like I did, then you will know exactly what I’m talking about! Yes, our favorite chameleon beagle will be happily hopping from yard to yard, beagle-ears flapping, delivering brightly colored Easter eggs (and a beagle kiss or two) from his Easter basket.
Here are some fun facts about the history of the Easter Beagle:
* Snoopy first appeared as “the Easter Bunny” on April 14, 1968, but Charles Schulz did not give the character the name “the Easter Beagle” until three years later.
* In that first 1968 strip, Linus was the only one to witness “the Easter Bunny” dancing around the front yard and hiding eggs in the bushes—Lucy was too busy watching television to notice.
* On Sunday, April 11, 1971, the Easter Beagle made his official comic-strip debut. Again, Linus was the first one to interact with him (although it’s Lucy who gets the Beagle kiss!).
Isn’t this Snoopy Porch Greeter darling??
The Giveaway: And now for the VERY best part… ONE lucky She Saved reader (US Only please and sorry) will win an Easter Beagle Prize package which will include the following:
* An irresistible Easter Beagle porch greeter, delivering happiness to every household
* A DVD of It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown, offering holiday joy all year round
* Candy! (What Easter basket would be complete without it?) You’ll enjoy chocolate Easter eggs and delicious fruit sugar candies.
I will leave this giveaway open until March 23rd, 2016 … once closed, I will select one winner who will have 48 hours to contact me to claim their prize! GOOD LUCK!!