One of my favorite things about this time of year are the colors, and these fun and colorful spring cookies definitely fit the bill! They are easy to make and they are perfect for spring festivities. These are also a fun baking activity for the kids because this dough is nice and thick and of course, they will love helping you add the M&Ms.
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 stick of softened butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Blue food coloring *I like this all natural food color from Color Kitchen
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Using a large mixing bowl, beat your butter in the microwave for only 30 seconds to soften.
4. Add sugar and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer.
5. Add in your egg and continue to mix.
6. Start adding your dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
7. Add in your vegetable oil and food coloring until well mixed.
8. Form your dough into small balls, then dip into a bowl of M&M’s and roll into an oval shape, then place on your pan and flatten with your fingers.
8. Cook for approx. 8-10 minutes. (watch closely as you don’t want them over cooked)
9. Serve with s glass of milk and enjoy!