I love to DIY projects, but since I tend to be short on time, I try to avoid any projects that I might start and not finish. Here’s fun holiday craft idea! This DIY Joy sign is so easy to make (in fact, you can even improvise material–use cardboard if you need to!) and it takes very little in the way of both time and supplies. I love that is will store easy from year to year and adds such a lovely pop of color to your holiday decor.
1x8x6″ common board cut to 26″
Martha Stewart multi surface paint
*use whatever colors that you like, I used:
-Wedding cake satin
-Fruit punch pearl
-Pond high gloss
-Scottish highlands satin
Foam paint brush
Small craft paint brush
1. Use a 1x8x6 piece of common board, ask a store associate to cut off a 26″ piece (save the rest for another project).
2. Sand the freshly cut edges with your sandpaper.
3. Paint the front and sides of your board white with your foam paintbrush and let dry.
4. Once your board is dry measure out the center of your board and sketch your letter O in the center (or if you don’t feel comfortable sketching, you can print out the letters and trace them onto the board)
5. Sketch your letter O, then sketch your J above the O, and lastly sketch your letter Y below the O.
6. Now with your smaller paint brush paint your letter J blue, O pink, Y green and let dry.
7. Lightly sand your paint board and it’s ready for display! Add a hanger to the back if you will be hanging.