If you are looking for a fun and simple wintery dessert idea, these easy snowman cupcakes are so perfect because the require very little work and they are super fun to decorate, so they could double as an activity for the kiddos. You can really make these as easy or as complicated as you want. If you are really crunched for time, buy pre-made cupcakes to decorate OR this design also works great on sugar cookies. I’m all about keeping things simple during the holidays and this recipe is one that does just that. Simple fun.
Yields: 24 Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 hour
1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
1 container white frosting
10 oz. Mini Marshmallows
Mini Chocolate Chips
Brown and Orange M&M’s (or round candies in those colors)
Blue sugar sprinkles
1. Bake cupcakes as directed on box. (or cheat even MORE and buy plain cupcakes from your local bakery, I won’t tell!)
2. Allow cupcakes to cool. Spread a flat layer of white frosting onto each cupcake.
3. Place mini marshmallows in a slightly rounded line across the top half of the cupcake to create the hat.
4. Place two brown M&M’s below the hat line for eyes, and an orange M&M (edge first at a slight angle) below the eyes in the center to create a “carrot” nose.
5. Place a rounded line of 5 mini chocolate chips along the bottom edge of the cupcake to create the mouth.
6. Sprinkle blue sugar sprinkles only on the top of the cupcake above the marshmallow line for the hat.
7. Dip the edge of a mini marshmallow in frosting and place on top of the sprinkled half of the cupcake to complete the hat.
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.