Yellow Cupcake Ingredients
Yellow Cupcake Instructions
Green Buttercream Icing Ingredients
Green Buttercream Icing Instructions
How to Make GRASS Icing on Cupcakes
Print the Recipe for Golf Ball Cupcakes
- INGREDIENTS FOR YELLOW CUPCAKES
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN BUTTERCREAM ICING
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 T cold milk
- Green Food Gel
- Other: Lindt white chocolate truffles, golf tees
DIRECTIONS for Yellow Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease muffin pan or line pan with paper cups
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for about three minutes.
5. Add the eggs to the creamed butter, one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
6. Stir in vanilla extract.
7. Using a mixer on low speed, add half of the flour and then half of the milk. Mix till well incorporated.
8. Repeat step 7 with the remaining flour and milk.
9. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
10. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
12. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to complete cooling process.
13. Frost with icing when completely cooled.
DIRECTIONS FOR GREEN BUTTERCREAM ICING
1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter.
2. With an electric mixer on low, add half of the sugar until well blended.
3. And the rest of the sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth.
4. Add food green gel until you reach your desired color of dark green grass.
5. NOTE: to thin icing, add 1 T milk and to thicken icing, add 1 T powdered sugar.
HOW TO MAKE 'GRASS' ICING ON CUPCAKES
1. Fill 3/4 decorating bag with green icing and attach a Wilton #233 tip.
2. Hold the decorating bag straight up and squeeze to create a glass blade.
3. Immediately after squeezing pull up and away when the icing strand is about 1/2 inch. Stop squeezing and pull tip away.
4. Be sure to keep the strands together so none of the cupcake shows through.
5. NOTE: for a more natural grass look, you can pull the tip slightly to the left or right.
6. Visit Wilton's website HERE for a video tutorial.
7. Insert a golf tee in the middle of each cupcake.
8. Unwrap the Lindt white chocolate truffle and place on top of the golf tees.
Creative display ideas
The creative and frugal mind behind She Saved for over 12 years now, Keri Lyn shares her adventures in parenting along with her love for family travel, country living and brand marketing. A self-proclaimed “brand loyalist”, Keri Lyn is known for her strong and enthusiastic voice when it comes to the products and brands that she loves. Passionate about family and the challenge of raising good humans (through the teen years, no less!) Keri Lyn has also served as a brand ambassador to many brands including her time as a Hilton Mom Voyage travel writer and currently an O Mag Insider for O, The Oprah Magazine and the 2019 recipient the O-verall Contribution O-ward.